The BioDiscovery Institute's Board of Advisors comprises industry leaders and nationally-recognized scholars. The institute works closely with its advisors for guidance in pursuit of market-centric research, national funding and industry partnership and funding opportunities. The board meets meet with the institute team yearl and will spend time with individual institute members on key projects as determined. Board members, who serve three-year terms, may also participate in future public forums.
Board of Advisors members are:
- Ken Keegstra, Distinguished professor of plant biology, biochemistry and molecular biology, Michigan State University - East Lansing. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Toni Kutchan, Oliver M. Langenberg Distinguished Investigator and Vice President for Research, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St. Louis, Mo.
- Rob Last, Barnett Rosenberg Professor of biochemistry, molecular biology and plant biology, Michigan State University - East Lansing.
- James Liao, President of Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan; Ralph M. Parsons Foundation Professor of chemical engineering and Chair of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California - Los Angeles. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the National Academy of Sciences.
- Robert C. Richardson, Director of business development, Lubrizol Corporation's Advanced Materials.