The BioAnalytical Facility (BAF) features state-of-the-art mass spectrometer instruments and offers advanced analytical capabilities to perform targeted and untargeted metabolomics in all types of samples . The Research Assistant will support the BioAnalytical Facility (BAF) manager with research and analytical tasks. Duties may include, but are not limited to: maintaining and operating special equipment and apparatus, sample handling and metabolomics analyses, observing and recording results, and preparing technical reports.
Bachelor's degree with major course work in the field of assignment, and two years related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintains and operates research instrumentation and equipment.
- Assists with development of new analytical and processing platforms.
- Assists with sample handling, extractions, and metabolomics analyses.
- Makes scientific observations and records data measurements.
- Prepares technical reports.
- Reads literature, tests, and implements new experimental procedures.
Must have experience with operating Mass Spectrometer equipment.
The link to apply is: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/61305