Position Overview: This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative, and analytical support to a department. Coordinates activities and acts as university-wide liaison. Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific management areas.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Advanced written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with UNT EIS systems such as payroll, ePARs, purchasing, and travel. Experience interacting with international research scholars in order to ensure a smooth transition to UNT.
- Provides support to the office/area and acts as a resource to assist in the resolution of various administrative matters such as payroll, time keeping, travel.
- Effectively manages all hiring and annual evaluation paperwork for postdocs, research scientists, graduate students, RAs, non-student hourly and part-time employees.
- Effectively handles all immigration paperwork for processing J-1, H1-B. For visiting scholars this position will obtain all computer security credentials as well as assist with lodging and transportation.
- Responsible for oversight of a budget (including reporting and forecasting), purchasing, travel, and may include website maintenance, P-card reconciliations and property control functions.
- Assists with or may be responsible for various special projects in support of the institute and other roles such as back up purchaser for Pcard and requisitions.
- Responsible for the collection of data and its analysis, the preparation of materials for meeting and conferences, as well as provide assistance with the completion of reports.
- Handles correspondence and calendar maintenance.
- Responsible for a variety of SRB conference room scheduling, special events.
- Helps to monitor degree progress for graduate students in the institute.
- Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific areas.
- Provide executive administrative assistance to the institute director.
Please apply at https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/69189