The Skellam lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the field of natural product biosynthesis to elucidate and engineer fungal biosynthetic pathways for biotechnological applications. Techniques we use include gene inactivation, gene cloning and expression, small molecule purification and structural elucidation, and organic synthesis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project, manuscript and proposal writing, and presenting original research internally and externally at meetings and conferences. The postdoc is expected to work closely with graduate and undergraduate students.
- The candidate should have completed their PhD and have experience and interest in natural product chemistry, biosynthesis, and synthetic biology or enzymology.
- Experience with structural elucidation of complex natural products
- Experience in genetically manipulating fungi
- Experience with genome mining / bioinformatics analyses
- Experience with small molecule synthesis
- Good interpersonal skills and a team-working attitude
- Interest in training and mentoring students
Please apply directly at: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/51950