The BioDiscovery Institute's Board of Advisors comprises industry leaders and nationally-recognized scholars. The institute works closely with its advisors for guidance in pursuit of market-centric research, national funding and industry partnership and funding opportunities. The board meets meet with the institute team yearl and will spend time with individual institute members on key projects as determined. Board members, who serve three-year terms, may also participate in future public forums.
Board of Advisors members are:
Ken Keegstra, Distinguished Professor of Plant Biology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Michigan State University - East Lansing. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences.
Toni Kutchan, Oliver M. Langenberg Distinguished Investigator and Vice President for Research; Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St. Louis, Mo.
Rob Last, Barnett Rosenberg Professor of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Plant Biology; Michigan State University - East Lansing.
Gregg T. Beckham, Senior research fellow, -Chemical engineering; National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado
- Pete Bowerman, Global Business Partner Manager - Sunflower, Cereals, Lentils; BASF Plant Science, LLC
- Maud Hinchee, Chief Scientific Officer; Agricen Sciences
- Sylesh Venkataraman, Research Director; Lipotech USA (division of Lubrizol)
- David Coorts, VP and Technical Director; BPS Agriculture
- John McCarry, Senior Director, Murphy Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation; University of North Texas
- Marilyn Wiley, Dean, College of Business; University of North Texas
- LeGrande Slaughter, Professor, Chair Department of Chemistry; University of North Texas
- Narendra Dahotre, Regents Professor,Associate Vice President and Director of the Center for Agile & Adaptive Additive Manufacturing; University of North Texas
- Vijay Vaidyanathan, Professor and Founding Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering; University of North Texas